I think that we should use our own discrimination and judgment. Since all times, students have revolted against the established older – even though 99% eventually settle and work in the very society they once despised. This we have to accept. Many of us have done it in our time. There is no Sedition there, but youthfulness, enthusiasm, idealism, even if it is misguided and exploited by Marxists, Indian National Congress, the Media, etc.
I remember the 1968 student revolt in Paris: there was real raw joy, thirst for change, beauty even. Thus we need to give those boys and girls of #JNU some degree of sympathy.
But no sympathy at all for the Kashmiri Muslims, who are infiltrating them, brainwashing them, using their innocence to tell them that India is occupying the Valley of Kashmir and that the army is committing terrible human abuses against the poor Kashmiri Muslims. Here are the real facts:
1) Kashmir was for a very long time a Hindu kingdom, Shivaism was born there and since time immemorial, Hindus have considered Kashmir a holy place. Today they even go to Amarnath, in spite of all the dangers.
2) Buddhism flourished there too – and at some point the Valley of Kashmir was also a holy land for Buddhists
3) Most of the Kashmiris who clamour for independence today, are converted Hindus – and often converted by force. The invasions of Kashmir from the 10th century onwards, were some of the most ferocious and bloody known in the history of humanity. At some point, it is said, most of the Hindu population was either converted or wiped out.
4) There were still a million Hindus in the Valley of Kashmir in 1900. But slowly they started emigrating as Islam became more and more intolerant.
5) In 1947, every ruler of Indian states were given the choice by the British to choose between India and Pakistan. The Maharaja of Kashmir chose India. Furious, Pakistan sent soldiers disguised as mercenaries to take back one third of Kashmir. It is actually Pakistan who did not play the game of which they had accepted the rules.
6) It is the Muslims of the Valley of Kashmir, who STARTED an armed insurrection in the late 80’s, began killing Hindu leaders, raping, maiming and challenging the Indian army, who only responded to protect India’s interests.
7) Benazir Bhutto’s famous “Azad kashmir” of 1990, was the spark that ignited the fire in Kashmir. The next day – I was there – every mosque asked Hindus of the valley of Kashmir, either to convert to Islam or die. And they fled, 350.000 of them WITHOUT FIRING A SHOT IN SELF DEFENSE. AND THEY BECAME REFUGEES IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY.
8) The strife in Kashmir is NOT a freedom movement, it is a RELIGIOUS war that Islam has launched against a people that they consider kafir, infidel. It has no other justification.
This is a message you need to spread to the youth of India in JNU or elsewhere. It is because they are not informed of these simple and straightforward facts by their own Media that they have been misguided. FG