Narendra Modi inaugurated the World Sufism festival – & praised it to heaven. But he was wrong on three sides:
1) Sufism today is just dance and singing with a sprinkling of very basic spirituality. In fact Sufism is defunct in India: in Kashmir, the last sufi shrine, Shrar-E-Sharif, was burnt in the 90’s by militants: and the so called sufi dargah of Ajmer, practices such a rigid Sunni creed, that every Pakistani President makes a pilgrimage there whenever they come to India (as well as all those stupid Bollywood Hindu stars – do Aamir Khan & Shah Rukh Khan go to Tirupati???)
2) what made Sufism different from Sunni Islam in India, was the influence of Vedanta & Upanishads. See how the only great Sufi scholar and saint Dara Shikoh, Aurangzeb’s elder brother (who should have rightly become emperor of India, as he was also Shah Jahan’s favorite), had translated the Upanishads in Persian and kept saying that Islam owed a lot to these ancient Hindu scriptures. Unfortunately, Dara was beheaded by Aurangzeb for apostasy. Today, Dara Shikoh, a true tolerant Muslim is totally forgotten, did not find mention in the world Sufi Forum that the PM inaugurated, while Aurangzeb is everywhere.
3) as the article below explains, Sufism was often used to convert Hindus and Sufis always believed in the supremacy of islam versus Hinduism. It is still so today
In conclusion, do you think, boys and girls that the PM reachiing out to Muslims will pay dividends & that Muslims will vote for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in next sate and central elections???
- RT @SandipGhose: India needs more 'independent' journalists - whose views and opinions do not change according to personal or family intere… 2 hours ago
- RT @_ugra_: A Mahabharata era step-well right in the heart of Delhi, which was razed down by barbarian muhammad bin tuglak in the 13th cent… 16 hours ago
- RT @ulirs3: @sranjithreddy @ReclaimTemples @narendramodi @INCIndia @bandisanjay_bjp @kishanreddybjp @kishanreddybjp announced restoring of… 16 hours ago
- RT @Sanjay_Dixit: Any Ashrafia Muslim like @khanumarfa who pretends to believe in democratic values and also talks of Mazhabi Pahchan is pl… 16 hours ago
- RT @MarcGozlan: Umberto Eco disait «@Les réseaux sociaux ont donné le droit de parole à des légions d'imbéciles qui, avant, ne parlaient qu… 16 hours ago
- 1,294,073 hits