Narendra Modi inaugurated the World Sufism festival – & praised it to heaven. But he was wrong on three sides:
1) Sufism today is just dance and singing with a sprinkling of very basic spirituality. In fact Sufism is defunct in India: in Kashmir, the last sufi shrine, Shrar-E-Sharif, was burnt in the 90’s by militants: and the so called sufi dargah of Ajmer, practices such a rigid Sunni creed, that every Pakistani President makes a pilgrimage there whenever they come to India (as well as all those stupid Bollywood Hindu stars – do Aamir Khan & Shah Rukh Khan go to Tirupati???)
2) what made Sufism different from Sunni Islam in India, was the influence of Vedanta & Upanishads. See how the only great Sufi scholar and saint Dara Shikoh, Aurangzeb’s elder brother (who should have rightly become emperor of India, as he was also Shah Jahan’s favorite), had translated the Upanishads in Persian and kept saying that Islam owed a lot to these ancient Hindu scriptures. Unfortunately, Dara was beheaded by Aurangzeb for apostasy. Today, Dara Shikoh, a true tolerant Muslim is totally forgotten, did not find mention in the world Sufi Forum that the PM inaugurated, while Aurangzeb is everywhere.
3) as the article below explains, Sufism was often used to convert Hindus and Sufis always believed in the supremacy of islam versus Hinduism. It is still so today
In conclusion, do you think, boys and girls that the PM reachiing out to Muslims will pay dividends & that Muslims will vote for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in next sate and central elections???
- RT @padhalikha: #TalkToAMuslim and ask why did the population of Hindus in Pak dipped from 19% in 1947 to 1% today & in Bangladesh from 27%… 21 hours ago
- RT @MumtaazKhan: Musharraf got Rs20m on retirement, bought Rs400m flats in London, UAE:@ahmad_noorani Fauji Generals owns the state so what… 21 hours ago
- RT @TarekFatah: Khalistani terrorists have entered India via Nepal for an attack on India's parliament in Delhi. - Intel reports. https://… 21 hours ago
- RT @MaheishGirri: India overtakes France as 6th biggest economy, World Bank says credit goes to Modi govt indiatoday.in/india/story/in… via NaMo… 21 hours ago
- RT @dr_maheshsharma: It is indeed a matter of pride for our country that after 70 years of independence all villages have been electrified… 21 hours ago
- 850,765 hits