Narendra Modi inaugurated the World Sufism festival – & praised it to heaven. But he was wrong on three sides:
1) Sufism today is just dance and singing with a sprinkling of very basic spirituality. In fact Sufism is defunct in India: in Kashmir, the last sufi shrine, Shrar-E-Sharif, was burnt in the 90’s by militants: and the so called sufi dargah of Ajmer, practices such a rigid Sunni creed, that every Pakistani President makes a pilgrimage there whenever they come to India (as well as all those stupid Bollywood Hindu stars – do Aamir Khan & Shah Rukh Khan go to Tirupati???)
2) what made Sufism different from Sunni Islam in India, was the influence of Vedanta & Upanishads. See how the only great Sufi scholar and saint Dara Shikoh, Aurangzeb’s elder brother (who should have rightly become emperor of India, as he was also Shah Jahan’s favorite), had translated the Upanishads in Persian and kept saying that Islam owed a lot to these ancient Hindu scriptures. Unfortunately, Dara was beheaded by Aurangzeb for apostasy. Today, Dara Shikoh, a true tolerant Muslim is totally forgotten, did not find mention in the world Sufi Forum that the PM inaugurated, while Aurangzeb is everywhere.
3) as the article below explains, Sufism was often used to convert Hindus and Sufis always believed in the supremacy of islam versus Hinduism. It is still so today
In conclusion, do you think, boys and girls that the PM reachiing out to Muslims will pay dividends & that Muslims will vote for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in next sate and central elections???
- RT @Hinduism4u: @rvaidya2000 twitter.com/hatindersinghr… 14 hours ago
- RT @RatanSharda55: No faux Liberal ever opened her / his mouth on this outrage on humanity. If you think you will be treated differently if… 14 hours ago
- RT @LostTemple7: Would you believe me if I told you that this Monolith Shiva with seven headed Sheshnaag above it is carved out of a single… 14 hours ago
- RT @vivekagnihotri: Indian media is slowly becoming Cartoon Network. Which is a good news. https://t.co/CtyXUIkzmJ 14 hours ago
- RT @sudarsansand: Humanity has failed again........... One of my SandArt on save #Elephant. https://t.co/nzcM4PNDvr 15 hours ago
- 1,285,196 hits