Narendra Modi inaugurated the World Sufism festival – & praised it to heaven. But he was wrong on three sides:
1) Sufism today is just dance and singing with a sprinkling of very basic spirituality. In fact Sufism is defunct in India: in Kashmir, the last sufi shrine, Shrar-E-Sharif, was burnt in the 90’s by militants: and the so called sufi dargah of Ajmer, practices such a rigid Sunni creed, that every Pakistani President makes a pilgrimage there whenever they come to India (as well as all those stupid Bollywood Hindu stars – do Aamir Khan & Shah Rukh Khan go to Tirupati???)
2) what made Sufism different from Sunni Islam in India, was the influence of Vedanta & Upanishads. See how the only great Sufi scholar and saint Dara Shikoh, Aurangzeb’s elder brother (who should have rightly become emperor of India, as he was also Shah Jahan’s favorite), had translated the Upanishads in Persian and kept saying that Islam owed a lot to these ancient Hindu scriptures. Unfortunately, Dara was beheaded by Aurangzeb for apostasy. Today, Dara Shikoh, a true tolerant Muslim is totally forgotten, did not find mention in the world Sufi Forum that the PM inaugurated, while Aurangzeb is everywhere.
3) as the article below explains, Sufism was often used to convert Hindus and Sufis always believed in the supremacy of islam versus Hinduism. It is still so today
In conclusion, do you think, boys and girls that the PM reachiing out to Muslims will pay dividends & that Muslims will vote for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in next sate and central elections???
- RT @singhsahana: As we see more straight-speaking Hindus such as @ShefVaidya @UnSubtleDesi @TrueIndology being deprived of their freedom of… 6 minutes ago
- RT @TarekFatah: SriLankan govt admits the Islamist jihadi group National Thowheed Jamath carried out #EasterSunday carnage that left 300 Ch… 6 minutes ago
- RT @Imamofpeace: A FEW Islamist Terrorist Organizations that want Christians and Jews dead. Retweet this! 1. Al-Shabab (Africa) 2. Al Mur… 1 hour ago
- RT @davidfrawleyved: Both the Western and India media immediately began criticizing Hindu and Buddhist groups as if they might be complicit… 1 hour ago
- RT @AskAnshul: Soon after Attacks in Sri Lanka on Easter Day which killed 290 people, our Left Liberals started blaming Hindu Terror Now,… 1 hour ago
- 888,776 hits