Do you know why the USA will be the most pleased by Mr Narendra Modi’s lighting surprise visit to Pakistan? Because the one thing that Barack Obama and many European leaders fear the most in South Asia, is that Islamabad launches a nuclear war against India to regain Kashmir. In fact the present Paki President, Nawaz Sharif had contemplated such a move during the Kargil war and was dissuaded by Bill Clinton.
But the truth is that Pakistan does a clever nuclear blackmail to the West to get more subsidies and weapons: “if you do not put pressure on India to negotiate Kashmir, there might be a nuclear war”. I doubt that Pakistan will ever launch a nuclear war on India, as India has a much superior arsenal and Pakistan will be decimated, but the blackmail works.
So Is Mr Modi trying to please the Americans? Or is he attempting to do what no Indian PM has succeeded in – make peace with Pakistan? But Pakistan wants Indian Kashmir at all costs, because it feels it should have come to Islamabad in 1947. They will not budge. Mr Vajpayee thought too, that his Lahore trip was an epoch breaking move. But while he was going to Lahore, all smiles, Musharraf sent his soldiers to occupy the heights of Kargil. What do you think, boys and girls???
- RT @gauravcsawant: Hafiz Saeed is more powerful than Pakistani politicians given his links with Pak Army, ISI. LeT is an extension of Pak a… 3 hours ago
- RT @davidfrawleyved: There should be a national project in India to recognize ancient educational sites like Nalanda and restore them as mo… 3 hours ago
- RT @rishibagree: No media outrage No Press club meetings No blank editorials No march for FOE No tweets by Lutyens No award wapsi https://… 3 hours ago
- RT @India_Policy: Rafale allegations by Pappu are such blatant lies, that even the Left-Liberal editors of Quint are publishing this. Only… 3 hours ago
- Dont you think that a @BJP4India Central Govt should take the initiative in removing Government control over Hindu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- 795,786 hits