Do you know why the USA will be the most pleased by Mr Narendra Modi’s lighting surprise visit to Pakistan? Because the one thing that Barack Obama and many European leaders fear the most in South Asia, is that Islamabad launches a nuclear war against India to regain Kashmir. In fact the present Paki President, Nawaz Sharif had contemplated such a move during the Kargil war and was dissuaded by Bill Clinton.
But the truth is that Pakistan does a clever nuclear blackmail to the West to get more subsidies and weapons: “if you do not put pressure on India to negotiate Kashmir, there might be a nuclear war”. I doubt that Pakistan will ever launch a nuclear war on India, as India has a much superior arsenal and Pakistan will be decimated, but the blackmail works.
So Is Mr Modi trying to please the Americans? Or is he attempting to do what no Indian PM has succeeded in – make peace with Pakistan? But Pakistan wants Indian Kashmir at all costs, because it feels it should have come to Islamabad in 1947. They will not budge. Mr Vajpayee thought too, that his Lahore trip was an epoch breaking move. But while he was going to Lahore, all smiles, Musharraf sent his soldiers to occupy the heights of Kargil. What do you think, boys and girls???
- RT @CestMoiz: NINE years without trial. Am sure this is a worthy cause for NHRC or even the Amnesty to pursue, no? High hopes, no? https://… 9 hours ago
- RT @ankit_bcet: Harish Salve may defended NDTV & Salman in the past but d way he defended Col Purohit & Kulbhushan is commendable that too… 9 hours ago
- RT @tufailelif: ~ @sachinpTOI reports: Israel says will never support Pakistan on Kashmir timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/israel-s… 9 hours ago
- RT @TrueIndology: Prominent Hindutva critic.Writes tons of articles on Hindutva. NDTV's "Fact Checker". Gets his "facts" wrong even on ori… 9 hours ago
- RT @hindupost: 'My Life's Only Aim Has Always Been To Serve My Country' - Sadhvi Pragya - hindupost.in/society-cultur… 9 hours ago
- 732,311 hits