The French share a similar problem with India: they have a sizable Muslim population (12%), some are integrated – in fact there are many brilliant French Muslim writers, singers, satirists, comedians, film directors – but there is also a big chunk of the youth, which is drawn to the radical Islam preached today and many have or are dreaming to join the ISIS. Plus, as in India, the French cannot be sure of the feelings of the silent majority of their Muslims citizens, many of which have some degree of sympathy for the radical Muslim groups, in the name of Palestine, Chechnya or Kashmir.
The point is that these attacks whether in Paris, Mumbai, or New York, are making western christians or Indian hindus more and more suspicious of Islam. Ordinary Muslims then feel ostracised and targeted, the Media which has understood nothing and generally is not in tune with the general feeling of its readers, speaks of ‘islamophobia’ and nothing is solved.
But when will the world understand that this is a war and that the problems is not with Muslims, but with their Scripture, which was written 15 centuries ago for different times, different customs, which included war and barbarism? These jihadis actually read properly the Coran, it is the intellectuals and the journalists who defend them indirectly, who do not. What do YOU think
- RT @Swamy39: Congis are frauds. They criticise Vasundara but when PC moved PCA amdmt Bill 2013 removing Section 13(1)(d)(iii) on babus’ sca… 1 hour ago
- RT @HerrBains: My grandfather to me in my childhood "A day will come when the enemy will be inside India, that day remember the skills of t… 1 hour ago
- RT @pburavalli: Thais to bid Bhumibol farewell amid replica of Vedic universe fb.me/CKk5ZgeU 5 hours ago
- "@OxfamIndia is a Christian org. Congratulations in winning the second edition of Oxfam Best Film on Gender Equality Awa… 20 hours ago
- RT @prasannavishy: Barkha Dutt launches fresh attack on NDTV, spills beans on Radia helping the channel financially wp.me/p5pHpP-ggR 20 hours ago
- 772,662 hits