The French share a similar problem with India: they have a sizable Muslim population (12%), some are integrated – in fact there are many brilliant French Muslim writers, singers, satirists, comedians, film directors – but there is also a big chunk of the youth, which is drawn to the radical Islam preached today and many have or are dreaming to join the ISIS. Plus, as in India, the French cannot be sure of the feelings of the silent majority of their Muslims citizens, many of which have some degree of sympathy for the radical Muslim groups, in the name of Palestine, Chechnya or Kashmir.
The point is that these attacks whether in Paris, Mumbai, or New York, are making western christians or Indian hindus more and more suspicious of Islam. Ordinary Muslims then feel ostracised and targeted, the Media which has understood nothing and generally is not in tune with the general feeling of its readers, speaks of ‘islamophobia’ and nothing is solved.
But when will the world understand that this is a war and that the problems is not with Muslims, but with their Scripture, which was written 15 centuries ago for different times, different customs, which included war and barbarism? These jihadis actually read properly the Coran, it is the intellectuals and the journalists who defend them indirectly, who do not. What do YOU think
- RT @OpIndia_com: Rumours about Priyanka Chaturvedi joining Shiv Sena gain strength as she removes AICC from her Twitter bio, Congress sourc… 1 hour ago
- RT @KanchanGupta: Fantastic expose by @Tamal0401 on bogus voting in #WestBengal. This is the quality of 'free and fair' voting under the wa… 2 hours ago
- RT @madhukishwar: Thank you @PMOIndia &@rajnathsingh for stopping cross border trade with Pakistan via Kashmir. Please don't resume it afte… 2 hours ago
- again decision by @BJP4India Govt not to bail out @jetairways was taken - not in interests of Indians, who have to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- RT @KanchanGupta: Old trick. That's how Kalimuddin Shams (FB|Left Front) would win. In Kabitirtha constituency all women in burqa had hairy… 15 hours ago
- 888,245 hits